TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
These are the terms and conditions for your participation in the STARDUST-R GLOBAL VIRTUAL WORKSHOP II on Space Traffic Management and Resilient Space Environment – 13-17 September 2021.
By registering, you also agree to these conditions of participation for the use of the virtual event platform. If you are registering on behalf of another person, it is your responsibility to ensure that the participant is aware of and accepts these Terms and Conditions. By completing the registration on behalf of another person, you warrant that you have made the participant aware of these terms and that the participant accepts these terms.
These conditions of participation determine the contractual relationship between the participant and the organiser, regardless of the website on which the user registers or logs in.
The sole contractual partner of the participants of the virtual Workshop GLOBAL VIRTUAL WORKSHOP II on Space Traffic Management and Resilient Space Environment – 13-17 September 2021 is the DLR organiser.
- On the virtual platform, the DLR organiser offers registered users the opportunity to participate in virtual events in the form of (interactive) virtual conferences on the Internet for a period of time determined by the organizer.
- Any use of the services and content offered on the platform, with the exception of the special options provided on the platform, requires the prior written consent of the organizer.
- The organizer shall only release the data and/or information provided by the user/participant to other users/participants if such data and / or information does not violate legal provisions or the conditions stated in this document. The organizer is entitled to remove illegal content from the platform without prior notice.
- The participant acknowledges that technical feasibility does not permit full (100%) availability of the platform at all times. However, the DLR organiser shall endeavour to keep the platform available at all times. The participant has no claim to 100% availability of the virtual platform.
2 REGISTRATION, REPRESENTATIONS DURING REGISTRATION
- The user/participant must register via the event registration page before being able to use the services of the virtual platform.
Your registration entitles you to access the STARUST-R GLOBAL VIRTUAL WORKSHOP II on Space Traffic Management and Resilient Space Environment – 13-17 September 2021 for which you have registered. All other costs associated with your participation are your sole responsibility and DLR, as the organiser, accepts no liability for these costs.
- The user/participant warrants that all data provided by him/her during registration is true and complete. The user/participant is obliged to notify the organiser immediately of any changes to his/her user data for as long as he/she participates in the event. Each user/participant may only register once.
3 OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTICIPANT
- The participant is obliged to provide only true and non-misleading information in his/her profile and communication with other users and not to use pseudonyms or stage names.
- The participant is also obliged to observe the applicable laws and all rights of third parties when using the content and services on the platform. In particular, the user/participant is prohibited from
- use offensive or defamatory content, whether this content concerns other users or other persons or companies,
- use pornographic content or content that violates youth protection laws; advertise, offer or distribute pornographic content or content that violates youth protection laws;
- engage in or promote anti-competitive activities, including progressive recruitment (such as chain, snowball or pyramid schemes)
- use legally protected content (e.g. by copyright, trademark, patent, design or utility model law) without being entitled to do so, or advertise, offer or sell legally protected goods or services,
- unreasonably harass other participants (in particular through spam) (see §7 UWG),
- refrain from the following harassing acts, even if they do not explicitly violate any laws:
lewd or sexual communication (explicit or implicit); use of mechanisms, software or scripts related to the use of the Platform or any action likely to impair the functionality of the Platform, in particular overloading it.
- Participants are reminded that the material presented at the STARUST-R GLOBAL VIRTUAL WORKSHOP II on Space Traffic Management and Resilient Space Environment – 13-17 September 2021 is the intellectual property of the respective presenter or his institution. Therefore, participants are prohibited from recording presentations with the intention of sharing them with third parties.
- The use of personal smartphones, cameras or video devices should be limited to taking snapshots or clippings for personal use.
- Any further photographing and recording of content / presentations on the virtual platform for professional use is not permitted without the prior consent of the DLR organiser.
4 Measures in the event of violations of these Conditions of Participation
The type and scope of the respective sanction measures against participants are at the discretion of the DLR organizer and are based in particular on the type, severity, duration and number of violations. For example, the DLR organizer may take the following measures if there are concrete indications that participants are violating legal regulations, the rights of third parties or the conditions stated in this document, or if the DLR organizer has another justified interest:
- Deletion of content posted by the specific participant.
- Restriction / blocking of access to the services of the platform.
5 CHANGES TO THE SERVICES ON THE PLATFORM
The DLR organiser reserves the right to change the services offered on the virtual platform or to offer other services, unless this is unreasonable for the participant.
6 RESPONSIBILITY FOR USER CONTENT, DATA AND/OR INFORMATION
The DLR organizer assumes no responsibility for the content, data and/or information provided by users/participants on the virtual platform, e.g. in chats, or for content on linked external websites. In particular, the DLR organiser does not guarantee that this content is true, fulfils a specific purpose or can serve such a purpose. The user/participant is solely responsible for the content he/she posts in the chat.
Each presenter must also independently ensure that he/she does not infringe any third-party rights in the course of his/her presentation and that he/she complies with all contractual and legal obligations (including these conditions of participation). In particular, he/she is obliged to check the information provided by him/her (logos, text and image material, videos, etc.) for their legality, as well as for any existing third-party rights. Special reference is made here to the provisions of the Copyright Act, the Trademark Act and the Unfair Competition Act.
DLR will expressly not check the data provided in lectures or in chats for their legality.
Participants shall indemnify DLR against all claims by third parties that may be asserted against DLR on the basis of their conduct in violation of the law or the contract. This shall also include the reasonable costs of legal defence, in particular court costs and lawyers’ fees in the statutory amount.
Sentence 2 shall not apply if the user/participant or lecturer is not responsible for the infringement. In any case, however, the user/participant or lecturer shall be obliged to inform DLR immediately, completely and truthfully in the event of a possible claim by third parties and to provide all information necessary for verification and defence.
Hosting takes place on DLR servers.
DLR is not liable for failures and damages that occur in connection with problems with the third-party provider. DLR is also not liable for failures caused by force majeure.
DLR accepts no liability for the content of third-party websites, except in cases of intent or gross negligence.
for the content of third-party offers. The same applies to damage or other disruptions caused by the defectiveness or incompatibility of the user’s software or hardware.
Liability is excluded for only insignificant or short-term impairments of usability. DLR assumes no liability for malfunctions, errors, delays or other impediments to performance that occur during the transmission of content via the Internet, except in cases of intent and gross negligence. Furthermore, DLR assumes no liability for access and availability of the Internet. In particular, availability may be temporarily restricted due to maintenance work or for other reasons. Liability for the consequences of limited availability – of whatever nature and for whatever reason – is excluded.
8 Amendment of the Conditions of Participation
DLR reserves the right to change service descriptions or these conditions of participation, unless these are unreasonable for the participants. Participants will be notified of any changes in text form via the event registration page notified in text form.
9 Final provisions
These terms and conditions and all obligations arising therefrom shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. The place of jurisdiction for all disputes between exhibitors and DLR shall be Cologne. Should any provisions of these Conditions of Participation be or become invalid in whole or in part, this shall not affect the remaining provisions.
Cologne, as of May 2021